Product Description: Confronting Conflict (A first-aid kit for handling conflict)
Confronting Conflict, conflict costs! When tensions and differences ignored they grow into conflicts, injuring relationships and organisations. So, how can we confront conflict successfully?
Dr Friedrich Glasl has worked with conflict resolution in companies, schools and communities for over 30 years. Earning him and his techniques enormous respect. Confronting Conflict is authoritative and up to date, containing new examples, exercises, theory and techniques.
You can start by assessing the symptoms and causes of conflict, and ask, ‘Am I fanning the flames?’ And then consider, ‘How can I behave constructively rather than attack or avoid others?’
Here are tools to:
- Analyse the conflict symptoms;
- Identify the types, causes of conflict, and if it is hot or cold.
- See how personal chemistry, structures or environment influence the conflict.
- Understand how temperaments affect conflicts and what you can do.
- Acknowledge when you have a conflict, understand conflict escalation. How to lessen conflict through changing behaviour, attitudes and also perceptions.
- Practice developing considerate confrontation, seizing golden moments, strengthening empathy and much, much more.
Confronting Conflict will be useful for managers, facilitators also management lecturers. Professionals such as teachers and community workers, mediators and workers in dispute resolution.
Author Friedrich Glasl Published by Hawthorn Press
- Weight 0.244 kg
Author(s) Friedrich Glasl
- Format paperback
- Size 216 × 138 mm
- Extent 192 pages
- ISBN 978-1-869890-71-1
- Publication Date 20/07/1999
About Hawthorn Press – Click Here